Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Album of 2010?

"The globe right now is ready for change, and this is the soundtrack for all of that" - Damian Marley



He couldn't have described this album any better. This by far is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time; it is brilliant. I'm not the only one who thinks so either, it got between perfect and near perfect reviews in almost every known music media source. I've been waiting for this album since 2008 when they first announced they would be making an album together. The collaboration of my favorite rapper and the son of my favorite musician was put together beautifully from start to finish, you can listen and enjoy every track. My favorite is definitely "Nah Mean" which Marley goes hard on! The great thing about this album is the message which is so important and needs to be understood by our entire african diaspora, and it presents it in a way that's entertaining yet real. Definitely a nominee for album of the year. I can't wait to see these guys live at Bonnaroo in June, it's going to be amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment